It’s late, and somehow I forgot about writing a post for Sunday. I was so busy responding to comments on my post today and commenting on others’ posts, that I lost track of my usual rhythm. I post after midnight because I am a late riser in the am. (We stay up late in my household.)
I’m going to try to list 19 reasons why I participate in the March challenge.
l. It’s a wonderful opportunity to spread your writing wings
2. I get to meet so many new writers
3. New writers are fun to get to know
4. It’s a pleasure to comment on new writers because they are so grateful (as I was as a newbie)
5. It’s a chance to indulge in favorite contributors
6. It’s an opportunity to have a dialogue with writing pals
7. It’s exciting to see what’s being served up each day
8. It’s a challenge to think of something to write every day
9. It’s an opportunity to try out new ideas
10. It’s a humbling experience to write every day
11. It’s a chance to encourage others who are stumbling
12. I learn so much about different styles of teaching
13. I learn about current teaching practices
14. It continuously renews my respect for teachers
15. It gives us a chance to reflect on our teaching lives
16. It gives us an opportunity to reflect on how our personal lives are affected by teaching
17. I learn so much about new books from Slicers
18. It’s a discipline that leads to feeling more confident as a writer
19. Teachers who write are definitely better teachers!
There…that wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be!